These past couple of weeks have been kind of a mess… I’ve been all kinds of wound up about everything. Thankfully, I get a week off before i start my new job to recharge and get a few chores done around the house. Yesterday, we were recovering from a bad encounter with Milo’s we had eaten after church on Sunday. We had to cancel dinner with one of our favorite little families and that made me sad. However, the promise of being able to make it up made me feel a little better. Here is my to do list before starting back to work:
1. De-clutter the house, pack away anything we don’t use at least twice a month, and send it off to a storage building. I’m thinking of renting one in town for about $10 a month. I’m sure quite a generous donation will be made to our local thrift store, as well.
2. Exchange a few gifts that didn’t fit.
3. Get a massage. I know–this one is difficult, huh?
4. Create a new financial plan for the coming year.
5. Vacuum my car out.
6. Give the dog a bath. This one could prove to be extremely difficult, considering all I have to work with is a hand-held shower head in the tiniest shower stall ever. Me + 70lb. dog + tiniest shower stall ever = certain disaster.
7. Reseal all of the doors. Our house is COLD. All of the doors have cracks where you can see outside. Alston can’t sleep in his room because we’re afraid he’ll get cold. I’m just tired of it and I’m finally going to do something about it!
8. Buy Alston a potty. He’s very interested in the big potty and I’ve noticed he squats whenever he’s going tee tee or #2. It may seems a little early, but Patrick and I both think its a good idea to at least introduce him to it.
9. Get a hair trim.
10. Take all of our dress clothes to the dry cleaners. Patrick constantly complains that he has nothing to wear to church. I don’t iron dress shirts. Who has time for that? I can barely keep up with the laundry!
I better get busy!